June 12, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 6

Tonight I watched Pride and Prejudice...the modern version..set in the 21st century.
First of all. I don't recommend the movie. It was badly made and I am afraid that I could have acted better in it. But I did notice something. In the movie, instead of sending telegrams or hand written notes or even letters, there were emails sent and phonecalls made. And it made the movie that much sillier. It felt off and very unlovable. OOOH! He sent her an EMAIL! instead of... OH MY! HE WROTE HER A LETTER!

Technology has made our society so unromantic. When was the last time you wrote a letter? No. Not typed, Hand wrote a letter to someone. I don't hand write often. Especially since I sprained my wrist last fall. Writing seems to be hard on it. But I know I love recieving letters and sentemental notes and just mail in general, which I usually only recieve on birthdays and holidays (cards). Usually on my close friend's and family's birthdays I will write them something about how much they mean to me. But maybe I am just a hopeless, sentemental, romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment