June 19, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 13

Last night I began reading "Dug Down Deep" by Joshua Harris (yes, i know I am obsessed). It is kind of like a journal of him unearthing what he believes and why it matters. In the first chapter he talks about how we are all theologians in some shape or form. We all believe something about God, even if we think he is not real. We all have beliefs and opinions, the question is whether or not what we know about God is true.

Favorite quote of the chapter:

"We're either building our lives on the reality of what God is truly like and what he's about, or we're basing our lives on our own imagination and misconception."

This statement really got to me. We all live our lives based on our beliefs, whether we know it or not, our beliefs effect everything we do and how we live. Do I really know God? Or am I just living based on my own imagination and misconception?

I am excited about reading the rest of this book and reading more of the word as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment