June 8, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 2

Good evening.

I realized something today.

I am a facebook addict.
No. This isn't a good thing.

I realized that when I am bored, I go on facebook. When I am sad, I go on facebook. When I am frustrated, I go on facebook. When I am sick of something or get in a fight, I go on facebook. And when I am lonely, I go on facebook. When I am struggling, I go on facebook.
See a pattern?

Facebook is not the answer to all my problems...the farthest from it. It was my "escape". It was my distraction.
Instead of confronting my problems I hid from them. Instead of running to the true Savior of the Universe, I went to the top social network.

So here I am. Faceless..however lame that may be. Fasting from this addiction that I have been using as a hiding place and a distraction, when I could be doing much better things.

Tomorrow I am going to be silent. Not only am I not going to talk (or sing unfortunately) I am also going to shut off my phone. This is my day of silence. 24 hours of prayer and stillness. At least I hope. I hear that some people (crazy coworkers and silly little brothers) are going to try and get me to talk, whether it be by asking me many questions or actually coming and attacking my house. But it would be more likely that I slipped out a little song while I bake a cake in the afternoon.

I will allow myself to blog once or twice. Yes...but no commenting for me. Just sending my thoughts and contemplations out into the web. I plan to spend tomorrow in prayer. I plan to be barefoot these 24 hours as well (knocking 2 off of my bucket list).

I will write about my findings and my doings and my silence tomorrow. Perhaps.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and Know that I Am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment