June 27, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 21

A lot of change is happening in my life. Everything is new. I am in unfamiliar, uncharted territory. I am nervous. I am frightened. And sometimes it can become discouraging. Tonight I read these verses:

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:8-9

Wherever I go, whether it be just outside my house, a completely different city or state, or any new unfamiliar place, God will be with me. He commands me to be strong and courageous. That command is easier said than done. But the end of the verse is encouragement for that command. God is with me; therefore, I should be strong and courageous and neither scared nor discouraged. I have God on my side.

1 comment:

  1. God is preparing you for that change...he has been all year. Isn't that comforting? You are keeping your eyes where they need to be; on the One who doesn't change.

    mom

    ReplyDelete