June 30, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 23

I have 16 days left of my childhood. In sixteen days, I will be eighteen, an "adult". I am not exactly looking foward to it. So I looked up what I can do when I turn eighteen that I couldn't before, to make me become more excited.

The list included: I can buy tobacco, get a tattoo, buy spray paint, sue someone, be sued, get married, get into clubs, buy a lottery ticket, apply for a loan, get a blockbuster membership, enlist in the military, go to jail, become an undercover cop, change my name, get a credit card, become a stripper, rent a house, enter almost any sweepstakes, buy stuff on infomercials, rent a port-a-potty, drive an ice cream truck, buy a house, pay taxes, get a pay-pal account, get or give a lap dance, drive a company vehicle, carry a weapon (with a license), buy insurance, skydive, and gamble.

YES! NOW I am excited! I mean wouldn't you be? I can smoke and spit tobacco, become a stripper and give people lap dances, change my name to Lucinda, become an undercover cop, drive an ice cream truck while carrying a gun, gamble, then marry someone and buy a house with all the money I won!

I am very sorry. But this is still not exciting. I don't plan on doing most of those things. I will probably buy a lottery ticket and get a membership at blockbuster. I have to apply for a loan, but other than that, I don't have aspirations for any of these "awesome" "adult" things. I had to laugh when I was researching this topic. The question was on yahoo answers. The answers were...interesting to say the least. One of the answers was "You can have sex with anyone you want and they won't go to jail." Another answer was, "Go to jail...be careful." A lot of answers were: "You can do anything you want! Except buy liquor and rent a car." Are these people really excited about this? I am sorry. I am not.

As some would say: "Welcome to the real world Ali".

I wonder if it's better to live in ignorance than know the ins and outs of this fallen world. That is why I miss being a child. Everything was peachy and you had everything in the world to look forward to. "Freedom" means different things to everyone. I suppose that to some, it is moving out of the house, getting a tattoo, and doing whatever you want. To most, it is getting away with as much as possible. But if that's freedom, keep me in chains.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you do, don't get a credit card. That's a terrible habit and there isn't one single good reason to do it. (If you wanted financial advice...)

    ReplyDelete