June 23, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 17

Have you ever thought about who God is? How big He is? How powerful and awesome He is?

Once, my friend told me that she read that sometimes we get so caught up in one side of God; that He is my dad, my friend, my buddy..that we don't see the big picture. We don't remember everything that He is. He is Holy. He is righteous. He is Lord.

Yes, God is personal, but that doesn't mean He is just like us. J.I. Packer says this: "Our personal life is a finite thing: it is limited in every direction, in space, in time, in knowledge, in power. But God is not so limited. He is eternal, infinite and almighty. He has us in his hands; we never have him in ours. Like us, he is personal; but unlike us, He is great."

It is an amazing priveledge to be able to have a personal relationship with God; The One amazing God who created me. He created everything out of nothing. I was made, but He is the One who made me. It is just so amazing to think about that. I have a relationship with the King of the Universe.

I had a beginning. I was born in 1992. God is eternal. He has always been here and always will. He is the Alpha and Omega.

Psalm 90:2 "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."

God is so big. So amazing. So wonderful. He is our Lord, our King, and our Redeemer.

God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment