June 9, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 3

My day of silence was broken only a little after 10 am this morning.
"There's a stick..." I said to my brother and his friend as I was about to back my car out of the driveway. They immediately started laughing at me.

Yep. I slipped up. But I kept going. I was silent the rest of the morning.
I cleaned and I made no bake cookies


At about 12:30pm I went for a walk. I was barefoot (still am) and I was walking through the water left on our street by the rain. One of my older neighbors was out in his yard and he waved to me and said hi. I waved back and kept walking. I slowed down at one point to look at something and before I knew it he had walked across the street to talk to me.

I thought it impolite to be silent so I indulged in conversation. And he had a lot to say. From high school biology classes to his job working on the first computers in the 1950's to mission work in central america, this guy was a talker. We talked right there on the street for a good thirty minutes.

After that I decided that this just wasn't the day to be silent. I make my plans, but God has His own. So I went with it and talked up a storm to my mom when she got home; telling her I didn't realize how much i talk. "Yeah. You talk a lot," she said.

That afternoon I went and found the best swings in bartlesville (that I know of). If you all know of any better ones please tell me.


I stayed there for a while, taking pictures, reading, journaling, and the like.



My day was good. Different, but good. And now, I might go put socks on. My feet are cold.

1 comment:

  1. :) just so you know i read...and enjoy you
    mom

    ReplyDelete