July 12, 2010

30 Days in the Word Day 5

Have you ever asked God for a sign? Have you ever been so desperate that or even angry, that you shouted to the heaves, "Give me a sign! Send a miracle!" I know I have done this. I know many people who have done this and still do this.

That's God's job right?...To give us signs and miracles and help us along with our faith. No, I don't think that is His job.

Mark 8:11-12: "The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, 'Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it.'"

Are we that selfish? That we demand signs whenever we please? Does God give us signs? Yes. I know this. I have seen them. But when we ask, are we asking humbly? Are we asking graciously? Or are we testing God?

No comments:

Post a Comment