July 17, 2010

30 days in the Word day 10

God never stops reminding me...

Today I read Mark 9:33-37. That's all I had to read.

"They came to Capernaum. When he was in the house, he asked them, "What were you arguing about on the road?" But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest. Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

I love attention. I crave it. It may not seem apparent at times because of my natural shyness, or maybe it seems quite obvious...

I also love to win. I am very competitive.

Hearing the command to be the "servant of all" is a hard thing to hear. Servant of ALL? As in everyone? Jesus says if I want to be first, I must be last. If I want to win, I must put others first.

The Lord has really been telling me this in my heart lately. He keeps reiterating it in His Word and in my every day life.

It's okay if I do not recieve the cream of the crop. It's not about me. It is about Him. And by putting others before myself, Jesus says I am putting Him first as well. If I help the least of these, I am helping Him.

Lord I know you are working in my heart. I want to change for you. Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment