July 3, 2010

30 Days Faceless Day 26

Like many people, when Clash of the Titans came out in theaters a few months ago, I went to see it. I spent my hard earned cash and had good entertainment with friends. I know it is kind of late for a movie review, but some things stuck out to me in this movie and I just haven't remembered to write them down. I am continually reminded of it.

This movie is about the mortal son of the god Zeus. The whole movie is about people rebelling against the gods; destroying temples, statues, idols, not praying, ect. First of all, yes Zeus's son is mortal. Why? Because Zeus got a mortal woman pregnant. He did this to get revenge on a mortal man. The gods in this film become powerless because of man's unwillingness to pray. It seems that prayer fuels the gods, or something like that.

This all seems ridiculous to me. They are gods...and yet they need man to survive? It is so utterly and completely different from the One True God. God doesn't need us. It is the complete opposite. We need Him! Our prayers do not fuel Him, or keep him alive in any way. He keeps us alive. God would never use any of us. He wouldn't take out revenge on you by sleeping with your wife. He is holy, perfect, and righteous.

It blows my mind how people actually used to worship these gods. And how some people worship gods like this today. It also amazes me how we as humans think we are above God. We think we can rebel against Him and cause Him some sort of harm. But the Lord God cannot be hurt by us. He is invincible. And if we rebel, he is more than capable of handling our little temper tantrums. We soon realize what we really need. Or, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment