July 21, 2010

30 Days in the Word Day 14

The past couple weeks have been hard. God has been revealing things in my heart that need to be changed. He's working in me constantly, showing me things that I need to work on and speaking to me through his word; Which is awesome, but it is difficult as well. I am not a person who embraces change easily.

I woke up this morning to an email: Philippians 2:13 "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."

This encouraged me so much! It describes exactly what I am going through. God is working in me; and it is hard, it is tough, but He is preparing me. He is giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases him. And I know it. I feel it. It excites me.

After recieving this email I decided to read Philippians chapter 2. I found exactly what God has been telling me and showing me lately.

In verses 3-8 it says: "Do nothing out of selfish ambitions or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should not only look to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!"

Christ was humble enough to lower himself to our level. He came to earth, when he belongs in heaven away from sin. He became Human even though he is God of the universe. He came in humility. He made himself nothing. He was a servant, and that is how I am supposed to be.

Philippians 2:14-15
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe."

This generation is sinful and depraved and evil. As a Christ follower I should stand out. I should be different. I should not conform to the ways of the world. I should serve as Christ did. I should be pure. I should be a light in this darkness. I want to be all of thses things. I want to shine like stars in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment