July 9, 2010

30 Days In the Word Day 2

What if God spoke to you right now? What if He spoke to you loud and clear? What if He said, "*your name*, I knew you before you were even born. I formed you in your mother's womb and I knew who you were going to become because I set you apart from everyone else and I have wonderful plans for you." And the, what if He began to tell you those plans and what He wanted you to do? What would you say? What would you do?

I would probably be amazed and enthralled and speechless honestly. It awes me just thinking about it. If it happened I would probably cry or faint because I'd be so overcome. But I would wonder, why me? Why did you set me apart? Why do you have this plan for me? I'm only 17. I'm only a little girl, a teenager.

This is exactly what Jeremiah said when it happened to Him. God spoke to Him and told Him all of this and He told him that he is annointed as a prophet. Jeremiah said: "Ah, Sovereign Lord, I do not know how to speak; I am only a child." (Jeremiah 1:6)But God rebuked Him: "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command to you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you." (1:7-8)

Ahhhh!! God's going to send me to people and I have to listen and obey exactly? What if I forget what to say? What if the people don't like me or what I have to say? What if they want to hurt me or kill me? Is God crazy?? But He says do not be afraid. He says He will be beside me no matter what and He will rescue me. He says He will tell me what to say and when to say it.

We can't use excuses because God uses EVERYONE; even children. Don't say you aren't the right guy because God chose YOU. Don't say you don't know how to speak because God will give you the words to say. After God told Jeremiah not to say that he is just a child, God then reaches out His hand and touches Jeremiah's mouth and tells him that He has now put His words into his mouth. How cool and crazy is that? God hand-delivered His words. Excuses are not allowed with God because nothing is impossible without Him, so there shouldn't be any excuses. Just say yes sir, because you will always succeed with Him. God doesn't just have a plan for Jeremiah. He has a plan for every single one of us. God's plan for Jeremiah was to be a prophet. And God has a plan for ME and for YOU too.

Jeremiah 1:17-19 says: "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. Today I ahve made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land--aggainst the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with yhou and will rescue you," declares the Lord."

How amazing is that? How awesome is our God? Yes, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment