January 27, 2011

30 Letters Day 2

Dear Someone,

I remember the first time I met you. In my mind I had already set you up with my newly made friend. I love being a matchmaker, or at least attempting it. How naive I was at the time of the people's thoughts that were around me. I wasn't even looking for what I found. But I guess it found me.

By the time I realized what was really happening, my head had spun so far around that I couldn't see what was right in front of me. I was so confused by your interest in me that seemed almost nonchalant at the time. I went back and forth in my opinions and feelings so much that I didn't know what my thoughts even were.

But even though I was cynical, I realized you were sincere. It was surprising to no one but me. That is when my head began to stop spinning. That is when I started to fall. I had made up my mind, and yet I was still afraid.

It is only now that I recognize how fearful of life I really am. I wish I were more like you.

Love,

Skg

No comments:

Post a Comment