August 1, 2010

30 Days in the Word Day 25

I must admit I have been struggling. I have been struggling with certain issues in my life. Many issues. And for a while I was extremely frustrated with how things were going and I would become angry very easily...mostly with myself, but I was blaming other people and taking it out on them. Let me rephrase all of that...I AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS.

I am just actually trying to control it now..

I haven't written on this blog in 3 days. Have I still been reading God's word? Yes, I have. But I haven't been blogging about it like I said I would.

On day 23 I purposely did not blog. It felt really good to be honest. I am really burn out right now and it felt great to take a break. I apologize for it, however, I think I really needed it. The things I am struggling with are quite personal and it is very difficult to write about them. I may very well not write about them. If I can be general I will.

But God is working in my heart so much to the point of me being in tears for a good amount of time every day. It is hard. But it is wonderful. This is how God works...who else can change my heart? No One! Who else can have this much of an impact on my life? What other book can speak to me with such clarity and heart wrenching boldness? What other book can change the way I think and act? What other book can hit home the way the Bible does? No other book..

Something I learned today...when you are struggling with something, confess it. When you are sinning and you want to ignore it and blame the world, don't. When your thoughts aren't pure, acknowledge it. Lay them before God. Don't bottle it all up inside.

David says in Psalm 32, verses 3-6:

"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night you hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said: 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment